I have to say, I am pretty happy with myself right now! I know many of you have been there, tackling a project you’ve never done before and then tickled when it actually turns out.
Remember this stool I purchased at an estate sale the other day?
Well now it looks like this…
What do you think? If you don’t like it or think I did a crummy job, please be gentle with me because it was my first time and I think I did great!
Here’s what I did…
- Lightly sand with a medium sandpaper block
- Wipe stool down with a damp cloth
- Dry brush on Light French Grey by Behr (Home Depot)
- Let it dry
- Dry brush on Aegean Blue by Martha Stewart (Home Depot)
- Let it dry
- With a sponge brush, brush on Minwax dark walnut stain and immediately wipe it off with a damp cloth making sure to get the stain in all the little nooks
- You could finish it off however you like. I chose to brush on a thin coat of water based poly.
I’m sure it sounds like a lot of steps but each step didn’t take long and the drying didn’t take long either because you’re not doing thick coats.
Want to see it again? I thought you’d never ask!
A huge thank you to Miss Mustard Seed for all of her wonderful painting tips and tutorials. Reading her blog and many of yours as well gave me the confidence to try this. Did I mention the only painting of furniture I’ve ever done before was just using one solid color?!
Ok, leaving you with a couple more pictures because I can tell you are wanting more…
Have you tried something new lately? Let us hear about it!